People faking mental illnesses for clout (from the POV of a neurodivergent with ADHD)

Created By  manifestingSeunghanRIIZEcb on Thu Apr 25 2024 04:37:38 GMT +0000 (GMT+0000)

Again , has nothing to do with literally anything at all . But I'm bored and I have something to say :

People who think that sh*t like mental illness is cute or quirky , IT'S NOT . People will be up on social media saying sh*t like "Oh I have ADHD/Autism I'm so quirky :D" Like no bitch you are being insensitive to people who have mental illnesses . Some really stupid and ignorant people think that being neurodivergent is like something cute or quirky and IT'S NOT . Some people want to be special soooooo bad . Like have y'all ever seen a person with Autism before or something ??!?!?! (And there is a spectrum of Autism , so you can be autistic and live idependently) Or have they've seen a person with ADHD without medication ???? I have only found out that I had ADHD because my teacher showd me a piece of offical school records that said I had ADHD because I always wondered why I was flagged for disability . While I wasn't super shocked , I was just a bit sad because of the sh*t that neurodivergent people get and stuff . And I wonder why my parents never put me on any medication for it , because it would make my life a whole lot easier to be honest . Don't they know how frustrating it is to forget something that you were thinking about like a second ago ?!?!?! 

So no , having a mental illness is not a flex , nor does it make me quirky . It makes life harder for me and for a lot of other people out there . Especially if you're like me , and are going untreated . Like my grades have been affected because I can't focus , and every day I get a bit more pissed off about not being able to remember things , focus on sh*t , and complete tasks on time . It's a fu**ing miracle that I haven't failed ay of my classes . 

So I just wanted to come on here because this is the only way I can talk to ANYBODY while the comment section is down , and I genuinely want other people's insight and opinions on this topic . If you want to talk about your experience either being neurodivergent or knowing who is , just comment it !! :) I'ts lonely only reading stuff without talking to nobody , so please , if you see this , please comment .

COMMENTS